Sheraton Framingham now charging for parking

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by slalom, Apr 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Remarkable....a tired property 30 miles outside of Boston in the burbs....surrounded by ashphalt...been staying there for a while.

Imagine my surprise when I show up today and they funnel all the traffic through the reception drop off and tell me I now had to pay $12 to self park.

I think it is time to start complaining about mediocre service, housekeeping, and rooms and common areas in severe need of an upgrade.....that and time to start staying at the new Courtyard across the street that has free parking.

They must have a dozen staff and have put barriers all over the parking lot. It took 8-10 minutes to get parked. If the property is really that desperate for revenue....please put up the room rate. At a property like this, there is typically 1 car per room. Same result, no additional cost, and no inconvenience for your customers.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know of a Doubletree that shows on their website "Parking fee, $XX (Mandatory)". Does that also mean if you come by taxi, or get dropped off at the property you'll also pay the mandatory parking fee even if not using their parking lot? Haven't stayed there so I don't know, but the "mandatory" comment is questionable.

See also this thread on MP about all the new extra fees and charges now appearing in so many locations:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/crooks-alert.86319/

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As for me, I wouldn't want to give them my business. :oops:

WilliamQ, flyingdawg and blackjack-21 like this.
  4. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here a month ago and wasn't charged, but the hotel definitely just dropped off my personal list. There is a park and ride not too far up Route 9 which would be free though. Any hotel in MA outside of 128 that charges for parking is really ridiculous though (and I don't think the Westin Waltham should be charging for parking either and yet they do, so I won't stay there either). Now I know why it was on Hot Escapes last week :rolleyes:.

WilliamQ, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  5. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd be a bit upset about paying for parking if I didn't have a car....