Sheraton Denver Downtown (Colorado) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a large convention hotel located at the end of Denver's downtown pedestrian and free shuttle bus street, near restaurants, stores, and other entertainment. It has 1231 rooms and 82 suites; a $70 million renovation has recently been completed. There is extensive private function space, including for extremely large events.

I checked in as part of one of these enormous groups. When I arrived, another guest who wan't in SPG approached the SPG check in desk, who took excruciating care with that request while ignoring me. The person serving in this position was a trainee and the check in took a long time. I ended up with a high floor room with a nice mountain view just below the Club floors but with lounge access, of course. Not much of an upgrade for a SPG Plat, but I anticipated that all suites were booked long in advance.

My room was OK; nothing wrong but nothing special either. The bathroom was small. Everything seemed clean and in good condition.

The lounge is large and pleasant, with more generous morning and evening food offerings than I would have expected. Adult beverages (wine, beer, hard alcohol) are available for a charge and are served by the very nice lounge attendants. There are several computers with internet and a printer, so that one can avoid the lines downstairs to use LInked@Sheraton in the lobby. The Club floors are in the Tower building, which is across a side street from the main building and connected on the concourse (basement) level.

I didn't have time to use the hotel restaurants and bars, nor the pool and health club facilities.

Overall, an acceptable large convention property with a very nice lounge.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree with MSPeconomist. I'll add a couple quick photos- the Plat lounge on the 22nd floor of the Towers, and a couple room shots. Also received no Platinum room upgrade, place was completely booked for a convention. Did receive Towers room with a decent mountain view and of course Lounge access. Valet parking is $29 per day, in/out priviledges- or $24 to park it yourself in the same garage:eek:. Wifi free of course and relatively fast. Fantastic morning Lounge attendant, ChaoChao. He is from Thailand and made you feel like you were in an exclusive country club. Fantastic. I had a meeting up there from 8AM-1PM. Great spot to meet and great service.

I'd add that just off the lobby and 16th street is the Yard House, which has some great draft on tap. I think something like 136 different on tap including the elusive but delicious Kilkenny. A bit crowded/loud at night but worth it. Avg to slightly better than avg food there.

Entrance to Plat Lounge on 22nd Floor
    [​IMG]
    Lounge, boring picture but pretty nice and good views!
    [​IMG]
    Room/Bath- a bit cozy, but clean and concise (standard King room in Towers)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

flyingdawg, uggboy and MSPeconomist like this.
  3. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did a stay at this hotel on the tail end of SMD3. When I went to check in, I was told that they had pre-booked me into a club room. When I looked at the desk agent ;), he started typing a bit and told me that they had a suite, but it was not on the club floor and I had a choice -- I chose the suite. He mentioned that they were getting in a wedding party that night, as well as hosting a small conference in the hotel.

My room was in the Tower building and the suite was actually two rooms divided by a hall and bathroom. Lots of light in the room. Took some pics of the room -
    sitting area 1.jpg sitting area living room area.jpg living room seating
    tv in lr.jpg 36" tv in living room
    showerhead.jpg showerhead
    BR.jpg bedroom area
    desk area.jpg
    desk area in bedroom + 36" LCD TV

flyingdawg, Jslo and uggboy like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You did well.