Sheraton CDG (Paris) - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by MSPeconomist, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The official name is Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel and Conference Center. It is located right within Terminal 2 at CDG, roughly on top of the train station for RER service to central Paris.

The hotel has 240 rooms and 12 suites on four floors of an "ocean liner" shaped hotel with an atrium. The top floor is Club level.

The hotel has a small health club (no pool), restaurant, lobby bar, and Linked@Sheraton lobby business center, which seems to be used by nonhotel guests purchasing snacks and beverages in the lobby area.

The Club Lounge is heavily used. There's a second room back behind the right side of the entrance with a few computers with internet access. Breakfast is the standard enhanced continental spread. The evening reception features free drinks (hard alcohol as well as wine and beer; the wines were decent and French) and a generous and continuously changing variety of appetizers, some from the restaurant menu. Some folks seem to eat a lot here.

Rooms are compact but attractive and well equipped. I noticed that the Club floor housekeepers were distributing better and quite elegant toiletries with turndown service.

This hotel is expensive but the convenience is worth it for an overnight connection. If you wish, it's easy to take the RER into Paris for the evening.

uggboy likes this.
  2. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also note that the TGV and Thales arrive into the station under CDG, so this is a great rest point before or after you take the high speed train to your final destination.

The views from the airport facing side are excellent for plane watching. I'll post pictures tonight. Despite the proximity to the airport you really can only hear the heavies takeoff.

The restaurant is decent and the service there is very good. I found that the Club Lounge is nearly vacant at the early hours of the morning.

For early morning departures to the US/Canada this hotel can make your morning much less hectic versus staying in the city and taking the Metro/RER or cab. You might be able to pick up a much lower room rate using a consolidator service than you can find on SPG's website.

uggboy and MSPeconomist like this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good points...I've always had Club rooms (top floor) where I requested and received airport views. I suspect there may not be much of a view from lower floors because part of the terminal building would appear to be in the line of sight. I found the rooms to be well soundproofed too, although sometimes inconsiderate people talking loudly or yelling across the atrium are annoying.

I've never been in the restaurant, just the Club Lounge, although the restaurant does look pretty good. There are other landside restaurants in CDG T2. I've never been in the lounge very early in the morning, but it's been fairly full when I've been there. One can, of course, take lounge food down the hall to one's room.

The downstairs lobby bar area near LInked always seems comfortably full.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I said here last month and the restaurant I think is the way to go as the food and service is better. As the OP pointed out the club lounge is crowded and the GM told me they are currently working on the following items

People visiting this hotel in the coming months can look forward to the above changes.

Service in this hotel was amazing and I couldn't fault anything apart from their key card problems which was unavoidable.

I highly recommend this hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  5. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    As promised, for airplane and airport dorks, some pictures from my hotel room when I was at the Sheraton CDG.

View from the Hotel Room (3).jpg

View from the Hotel Room (4).jpg

sobore and uggboy like this.
  6. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I need a CDG hotel in mid May for one night, looked at the Sheraton but the best rate was 199 Euro. Hilton is even higher with 239 Euro.

Do people really pay these crazy rates?

uggboy likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check the rates for similar hotels in central Paris. Can you pay with SPG points or cash and points for your date? Remember that all of the other CDG airport hotels are off the airport property. Some are pretty inconvenient, although the best would be the ones in the airport "village" where the little tram goes.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Cash and points in the way to go with this hotel. It seems fairly available for C&P last time I checked.

uggboy likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This works providing that you don't need the night or stay credit for status. Like award nights, C & P nights do not earn stay or night credits. (I know, some would argue that you can take the money saved and use it at a much cheaper property to make up the night and stay credit.)

uggboy likes this.
  10. ShopAround
    Original Member

ShopAround Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spent a night there in February and paid $120 on Priceline.

uggboy likes this.
  11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I remember once staying at a rate of 169 Euros IIRC several years ago, which I wasn't happy about, but in the end I was glad I made this choice rather than struggling into Paris for one night and then having to leave early in the morning. It helped that I was upgraded to club level and had lounge access. It also helped that I had a large late lunch on my incoming flight, so that lounge food and beverages were exactly right in place of dinner and I was able to get to bed early.

If I had gone into Paris for the night, I would have ended up having a somewhat late dinner in a real restaurant of more food than I either wanted or needed and between hotel, dinner, breakfast, and transportation, I could not possibly have saved money compared to the Sheraton. For me in these circumstances, it was a good value in the end, all things considered. YMMV.

For me, it was also a pleasure to be able to go to the check in desk with my checked bag at my leisure, and then return to my room for final preparations and to grab my carry on before checking out of the hotel. It was a sane and relaxed start to a final TATL leg of a long complicated trip.

uggboy likes this.
  12. The suites are pretty boring. The rooms are in need of a renovation. On the other hand, the Club lounge has a decent selection of food. As previously mentioned, the convenience of the Metro 2 flights below the hotel is a wonderful way into the city.

uggboy likes this.
  13. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a recent stay at this property and have to say I was impressed. It was on a C&P 4,800 +$60 which was good value vs the price of 197 euros.

Check in at this hotel was excellent, the particular CSR we dealt with gave service more like I would expect in Asia rather than France. Room was clean and spacious and loved the view of the runway. Think what we liked most about it was being able to walk to the terminal without having to rely on a shuttle bus. Turn down service is offered at this hotel and it was nice to be given a chocolate easter egg.

If I ever have to do an overnight stay at CDG again without a doubt I would choose this hotel.

uggboy likes this.
  14. ganujiny

ganujiny New Member

Status Points:
    The Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel is the only hotel built directly inside the International CDG Airport Terminal2. We are also just steps away from the newly built CDG VAL, a freee automatic shuttle service which links the three airport terminals. Every one at the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel and conference centre will go out of their way to make the feel comfortable and at ease.

Envo
    Orly airport shuttle

Toula and uggboy like this.
  15. mernymonck

mernymonck New Member

Status Points:
    I had visited the Franklyn resort three months earlier. The trip was the most amazing experience that I had. We had great service throughout all the staffs. There was a family of 17 of us, and the rooms were always tidy and very presentable, even the design of the suits were really nice. I am willing to visit it again.

sydney long term airport parking
    discount airport parking