Sheraton BDL Airport

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by THREEA4ME, Aug 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

American just started flying the LAX-BDL routes and is offering double miles (that's 15100 redeemables for us explats) and not a bad deal at $278RT. Upgrades cleared both ways so I needed a hotel for 24 hours that would let me check in at 8a -- the local Hyatt House would do the trick, but I've already requalified with Hyatt and SPG sent me a "stay one night and get a free night at a Category 5 hotel" certificate -- so I decided to book the Sheraton BDL.

Rates were $107 but in this forum, there's a SPG club room plus 1000 delta miles promotion so I clicked on that and it was $144 here and I figured that I'd have a better chance of 8a check in with no status if I booked a club room and worst case scenario is I could hang in the lounge (I was right).

So how is the hotel? Run of the mill old school Sheraton but convenient as hell. The breakfast and evening spread in the club lounge is Holiday Inn Express-ish, but everyone is nice, the price is right ($6 craft local beers in the fun bar downstairs) and the bed is extremely comfortable.

And the hotel is In The Terminal and the 7th floor club room has a view of the Tarmac...

Attached Files: