Sheraton Baltimore City Center

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Singapore Flyer, Nov 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had joined my sister in Baltimore while she was attending a conference this past weekend. This is what I posted on TA and shared with SPG. Have a few pictures, but it was such a poor experience that I didn't take anymore. Just an overall lackluster/poor stay even with it being comped by Marriott.

"We were walked over from the Marriott due to overbooking for a conference on Saturday night. It seems that a lot of ppl were walked to the Sheraton. There was some confusion as the room was comped by Marriott but they charges us for the room twice. Charges are still pending on my spg card. I asked about Internet access as I am SPG gold. He added it to the account. Made no mention of the status and implied there was an issue with my account and was going to expire in a day. Keep in mind I had the app opened and it was showing my status. Also status is year to year not at some arbitrary time in the middle of the month.

After knowing that I was a gold, upgrades are dependent on capacity but we got a room in the south (crappy) tower on the 14 (13th) floor across from the ice machine and HVAC closet. Yeah. Great upgrade.

The cleaning staff replaced on towel, didn't vacuum, no new bathroom amenities (we used up the soap and shampoo) and no new TP roll. We might as well asked to have a Make it a Green stay for the extra points.

We wanted to order room service and there was no menu or book.

The restaurant downstairs also out out dirty dishes when they ran out. I pointed it out and they were oh ok.

My buddy that travels for work said that he would have told us to drive out of Baltimore before staying there if I had told him.

Fortunately, this is going to be, hopefully, a free stay on Marriott's dime but even then I feel I was short changed value on a free stay. That takes a lot of work. At least the valet guys are good. Never a again."

I tweeted SPG and they followed up with the hotel management. They said that they would call the next day, shocking- no call. Then asked for my permission to give my email to them to follow up, still no follow up. I have already received an email from Corporate about this to see how things are progressing and if hotel management has followed up. The answer is still no. It is Thanksgiving week and they were busy this past week. I'm not holding my breath. If the charges don't fall off and/or don't get stay/night credits, then I will be pissed.

MSYgirl likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and hopefully they make it up to you.

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  3. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Golds are not entitled to upgrades. They are entitled to an ENHANCED room, in the same category booked. That is not to say that properties do not go above the published benefits. Based on what you wrote, that doesn't seem to be the case. Is it possible the room, across from the ice maker/HVAC was a better/larger room than the other rooms on the floor?

While at the property, did you speak with management?

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  4. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    yes. They said high occupancy and because of being walked not much they can do. There was no one on the floor as far as we could tell. No elevator traffic nor foot traffic minus the one person at night that got ice. That sucker goes on all night.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

5. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    It has been over a week and no response yet. I have heard from the customer care team in Ireland. They are offering 4k points which is more than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint