SHARES moving forward; FastShares, not so much

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Aug 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rumors swirling lately from a recent employee bulletin suggest that the airport agents will be migrating to SHARES in the near future as expected, but without the FastShares tools they were originally supposed to have. FastShares was the designated replacement for FastAir (the application, not the FT member ;)) and is the GUI interface that sits atop the reservations system and allows the agents to manage the various passenger booking and reservations management functions.

When the switch to SHARES was announced it was also suggested that FastShares would be in place to make that transition as easy as possible for the agents. Apparently the FastShares development has slipped, resulting in the need for agents to work in native SHARES for a few months until the new GUI app will be ready.

I've heard reports that this will either take effect in October 2011 or in March 2012. I'm not sure which is accurate. Either way it is likely bad news for passengers. No matter how much training the agents are given (and it will almost certainly be not enough) an adjustment like this is never pretty.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess this means co will continue to be worst in irrops.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Wandering,

I just wanted to drop you a note to say that I find your posts very informative and I appreciate them as a new UACO flyer (Although I might become a former one real soon if the 2012 rumored changes go into effect) Thanks a lot for this info!

Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, US wins that one, hands down.

Ygor, Art234 and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. Renard
    Original Member

Renard Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm afraid the result will be an increasing number in the use of the word "no" from agents struggling with the new, less user friendly system.

6. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the update. I have to keep reminding myself that the UA staff are not as used to CO issues as much as I am. Sounds like going forward it might get even worse before it gets better...

theBOAT

7. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually AA is got to be the worst imo.