Shared benefits between elite member from Delta and GOL Linhas Aereas

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by fabiovilela, Jan 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. fabiovilela

fabiovilela Silver Member

Status Points:
    As of today SkyMiles from Delta and Smiles from GOL Linhas Aereas announced shared benefits between elite members in their frequent flyer programs.
    Diamond members from GOL will enjoy Diamond Medallion Benefits when flying Delta, and Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion members will enjoy Diamond benefits when flying GOL.

More info here: http://passageirodeprimeira.com

skyvan and Mike Reed like this.
  2. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting desperately for this...I'm flying on a DL award EZE-GRU and don't want to have to pay for better services.

By the way am I understanding it properly that as a Delta Gold I don't get to book GOL exit row?

3. fabiovilela

Status Points:
    All Gold, Platinum and Diamond members get same benefits at GOL. And preferred seats are included to all of them.
    But do not expect too much of high quality service from GOL in EZE neither GRU. As you might know Gol Linhas Aereas is a "low cost" airline and their staff are not used to deal with frequent flyer elite passengers.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know that...should I expect to have to show my Delta GM card? Or will it show up on the boarding pass (ticket was booked via Delta as an award seat). Also do you know if I have to go through customs when changing from GOL to Korean Air at GRU....trying to find out if I need a Visa for my 4 hour connection.

5. fabiovilela

Status Points:
    On your boarding card will be written *ELITE*
    You do not need a visa to transfer in GRU however you usually do in EZE.
    There is a transit area at GRU. Passport control is after the connecting area, so as soon as you leave the aircraft, follow the signs of Connecting Passengers. They will guide you to the transit area without passing through passport control.
    But just in case, check with a Brazilian consulate just to verify if the process is still the same, since political agreements change everyday.

6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aah thanks for the info. Yeah, only flying through GRU. Argentina is my destination :). Thanks for the clarification...and hopefully the process works as seamlessly as it is supposed to. Either way I'll be sure to blog about it....now if only Delta can get the stuff figured out with Virgin Atlantic.