Shangri-La Suzhou

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by TRAVELSIG, May 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently stayed at the Shangri-La Suzhou and am happy to report that this is a very good choice in the area.

The hotel is located aprox 5.5 kms from the main train station and is in between the industrial areas, the recreational areas and lakes/canals, and the highway transportation systems. There are a number of upscale restaurants and bars nearby although I didn't get a chance to visit any on this trip as I was quite busy unfortunately.

The service is very good. From arrival to departure this hotel really takes care to make sure guests are well taken care of. I also booked on the Horizon Club level which is a step above and has a number of benefits including an excellent happy hour with very high quality appetizers, free pressing of a 2pc suit or dress on arrival, and a good healthy breakfast in the morning.

I had a number of meetings in and around Suzhou and the staff at the Horizon Club did a very good job of helping me with directions for drivers, writing things down, phoning to double check- it was a great service as usual and one of the secret "tricks" to help perform better while working in PRC.

The wifi is also free and is very fast- I had one extremely large file to send through and for 150 mb took under a minute for a secure VPN transfer. Excellent.

The room decor is also nice and the bathrooms have L'Occitane amenities which I quite like.

Attention to detail is excellent (a usual for Horizon Clubs), the service is good and quick, and the hotel is high quality. I had a room near the top of the 50 story tower and it offered sweeping views over Suzhou- too bad I only saw them at night and very early in the morning however we can't blame the hotel for this.

Suzhou has a number of very good hotels- although I would say this is one of the better properties.

I also really like the Shangri-La touch of recording all of your personal room preferences through Golden Circle (which is free to join) and then ensuring wherever you are in the world those preferences are met. I definitely would return to this hotel when back in Suzhou.

Kalboz and uggboy like this.