Shangri-La rebranding Traders Hotels under Hotel Jen name

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by uggboy, Aug 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shangri-La rebranding Traders Hotels under Hotel Jen name

Thomask and Newscience like this.
  2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    i hope they improve their Golden Circle programme in tandem as well..:D

uggboy and markcwj like this.
  3. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually as a Jade member you get free breakfast (almost like Hilton HHonors)! I really like the Hotel Jen Orchardgateway!!!

uggboy likes this.
  4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    true, but getting Jade status whilst based in Singapore is not easy, the Golden Circle programme doesn't do status match, no credit card partners, and the only way to get Jade status is by chalking up the stays, the ASMALLWORLD programme does offer Jade status, but i recall the T&Cs mentioned that benefit was for US based members...

5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always thought that eventually people who travel will stay that certain hotels and will "rake" up their stays / nights to acheive status. After this, people will receive their benefits. Overall, IMHO, loyalty is a two way street, especially in the longrun.

6. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    you have a point...though with many hotel chains and benefits, people will naturally see which hotel chain(s) to 'rake' up stays, how easy it is to 'rake up' stays.. depending in the cost of stays/nights, and the expected benefits.. in particular.for leisure travelers who don't travel too much for business and don't have too many opportunities to 'rake up' stays..

7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like Trader's but they are in very few markets, their parent Shangri-la is in more but they can be pricey

Trader's is a rather generic brand name, Jen is even more so, strange move IMO :eek:

uggboy likes this.
  8. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As someone who travels purely for leisure I would concentrate on one or max. two hotel chains instead of meddle in too many "beds". Simply stay at the a preferred hotel and "rake up" points, status and benefits will follow. I wouldn't chase too many different programs just for the sake of it. IMHO, it's more important to enjoy travel, while getting the perks are a bonus, even when earned, it's a bonus. :)

Thomask and jonspencer like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We haven't stayed with Trader's nor Shangri-La, but the change of Trader's to Jen is purely market driven IMHO. Everyone is doing it, see Canopy, the recent announcement by Hilton or BW's Vib brand. Everyone chases the same dollars with so called "new future" concepts without really thinking about the "NOW".

10. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    sure, for us, it's a mix of biz and leisure travel, so we don't chase that many chains, so Hyatt, IHG are the primary ones..:p