Shacktoberfest, An Alternative to Oktoberfest

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by MLW20, Oct 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    I do not have a bucket list- I actually hate the term and idea of them. However, there are some places, events and experiences that I'd love to do.

One of the top events I'd love to attend is Oktoberfest. I've been to Munich, got to experience the local beer scene and really enjoyed the city. I rarely return to a city or country I've already visited but for Oktoberfest I'd go back to Munich in a heartbeat.

This year I had a break from work coinciding with Oktoberfest. I found out about it pretty much last minute. I considered trying to get to Germany for Oktoberfest but there were a couple of problems with this plan- Kim was not off from work and flights were very expensive or not available with miles. After weighing my options, I gave up on the idea of going this year and figured that I would eventually get there.

Oktoberfest is a Munich event celebrated all around the world. There were various events going on in the New York area but they didn't seem to fit our schedule. Then I read about a fun, little event at one of my favorite burger places- Shake Shack.
    (Check out my post about the Shake Shack Grand Opening in Brooklyn HERE)
    [​IMG]
    Shake Shack is currently holding an event called Shacktoberfest (October 12- 21) but

it's not a big tent, drink a ton of beer kind of thing. They are offering a special German- inspired menu! This sounded like the perfect event for Kim and I to check out with Lucas this past weekend.
    [​IMG]

We decided to head over to the original Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. When we arrived the line wasn't as long as usual but still a decent wait. A member of the Shack staff walked down the line offering those waiting, the menu to check out. He also mentioned that if we wanted one of the limited Shacktoberfest beer steins, one of us should head over to the "B" line and get it before ordering our food. (The"B" line at Shake Shack is for drinks, shakes & souvenirs)

If interested check out the rest of my post about Shacktoberfest HERE

sobore likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call it what you want as long as there's mugs of beer! :D

MLW20 likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points: