SFO to LGB for $14 ROUNDTRIP via JetBlue (must book today)

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by FrugalAsianMan, Sep 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FrugalAsianMan

FrugalAsianMan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm really surprised that I haven't seen this amazing deal posted around yet, but I thought I would share with the MP community before the deal is over.

Yesterday, JetBlue announced their Mystery Deal Promotion which was a promo code mailed out to TrueBlue members (who subscribe to promotion emails) for a value ranging from $20 to $300. It was discovered via the blogging community and primarily gents over at theflightdeal.com that the $20, $30, and $50 off codes were reusable 8-character codes.

A number of different blogs have posted great deals to major cities but I haven't really seen any of them post some of the short-haul flights that are *normally* already discounted...but with a $50 off, comes out to UNDER $10 each way.

So here's what you need to know:
    • You MUST book via jetblue.com/promo
    • Use the promo code 8W2DQ3S4 for $50 off
    • You MUST book by 8:59 PM Pacific or 11:59 PM Eastern TONIGHT (Fri. Sep 14)
    • Travel must be completed by November 7, 2012
    • The code can be reused multiple times, so book as ONE-WAY flights each way to maximize the deal
    I booked 2 SFO to LGB and 2 LGB to SFO yesterday for my girlfriend and myself. It came out to $7 each way, for a grand total of $14 roundtrip including taxes!(We found deals for $59 each way.) To maximize and get in on the lowest prices, you'll need to travel during Monday-Thursday (better deals). But even with weekend travels, you can score tickets for as low as $20 to $40 roundtrip!

I've outlined all the details and fine print/promotion offer in my blog entry yesterday.

You should be able to also replicate low deals for any short-haul in your region (if you're not on the west coast) where jetblue commonly flies to. I also checked SFO to Vegas and it came out to about $40 roundtrip.

Deal is definitely still active; just checked prices again for some flights right now. Still some $59 seats out there that you can get for $7 each way! (Don't ask me how $50 off gets $7 and not $9...I don't know either.)

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    59 x 2 - 50 doesnt = 14

I'm confused

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. FrugalAsianMan

Status Points:
    Yeah. Didn't make sense to me at first but I'm not complaining. I guess it's because for some reason the flight shows up lower than $59 in the actual math.... here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Gargoyle and edekba like this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    O so you gotta book 2 OW instead of 1 RT; so that you can apply the $50 multiple times.

Got it

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank-you I just got 3 RT

6. FrugalAsianMan

Status Points:
    Awesome. :)

But yeah, it's via one-ways if you want to maximize the deal (since the $50 off is reusable). Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier! Glad you figured it out.

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. FrugalAsianMan

Status Points:
    Update: Looks like JetBlue has killed this deal. $50 promo codes now show up as $25 off only for one-ways.

Gargoyle and edekba like this.