SFO SEL SFO meals BC

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by sfo1, Aug 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any insight in the SFO SEL lunch menu and the SEL SFO dinner service?

2. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a general overview of the meal services at:
    http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/business/dining.aspx

For some weird reason, the 2nd smaller meal going westward, about 90 minutes before landing, is "breakfast" even though the plane arrives mid-afternoon! One of the selections is usually cereal, but they don't board too many of them sets despite the fact that there are 44 seats in Business (where I usually sit). Ask early if that is what you want.

sfo1 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is also an "Asian breakfast" which is more like a lunch. And I think they board even fewer of those than the cereal. :eek:

sfo1 likes this.
  4. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the responses. Have done this trip numerous times and was hoping the menu might have changed, seems like each trip I have done in the past it is just the same old, same old.

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  5. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    And it actually looked pretty appetizing. It was a beef and noodle soup I believe.

sfo1, Flyer1976 and Wandering Aramean like this.
  6. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    It always is until you ask. Then you find it changed just after your last flug.

sfo1 likes this.
  7. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On UA34 (KIX-SFO) on 24 August, I was surprised at the lack of what they call "choice" for the second meal in Business First. One F/A told me that for the 17 passengers, they had ONE cereal, TWO "udon" meals and everyone else had to have the "Spanish Omelet". I tried to pull rank (1K) to get the cereal, but the one Global Services passenger on the flight got it instead!:( How can the call those menu items "choices" when for 90% of the passengers there is no choice at all??

8. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm pretty sure that UA has plenty of data to suggest that on the majority of flights on that particular route, the overwhelming favorite is the egg dish, and that few people get the cereal or the udon meal. Might not have been the case on your flight, but statistically, that's probably what they should be loading.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem with that approach is that unless they over-cater then it will always only be 2 udon meals and they'll never be able to document shifts in the demand.

10. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I incorrectly assumed that there would be a mechanism to report back what the demand was.