SFO-HKG $684RT Oct-Nov-Dec dates

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Jul 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    These were on line earlier today for about $40 less with limited dates, but something happened after midnight and a few more dates opened up on the AA website (but not on Google flight explorer for some reason- that's where I first saw them earlier today). Sample travel dates Nov 4-11 but saw others last 10 days of October that also worked and also early December. Looks like weekday travel only at this fare (great for retirees like myself, obviously). 38,000 miles total if you're Platinum or EXP via DFW. I'm waitlisted for upgrades on weekday flights that look very good.

This may be a retaliatory reaction to a UA sale fare DFW-HKG.

karung99, iolaire, daninstl and 3 others like this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    $708ish out of LAX - also a heck of a deal. :D

daninstl likes this.
  3. milerunner

milerunner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Korean air SFO - HKG $568

iolaire and daninstl like this.
  4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now, if you could only figure out a way to get AA miles on a Korean fare. :)

daninstl likes this.
  5. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pray for the upgrade this is a brutal, brutal flight for anyone over 5 foot tall in economy in my opinion.

estnet likes this.
  6. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the MCE section? I flew in economy LAX-LHR a few months ago and enjoyed it there with the new aircraft. I deliberately flew that route as I was with friends and able to get them into the MCE section with my booking, otherwise they would be in the rear of the plane. In the past, before the introduction of the 777-300, I was reluctant to fly that nonstop route because I feared I would end up in coach, so connected at JFK where I thought upgrade chances would be better. Now I'd take my chances on LAX-LHR and be fine in coach if I didn't clear. I already have 7 international trips for just this year and I'm out of systemwides now until I requalify in September. Might get an 8th in there for November which I still have wide open.

My upgrades cleared in both directions last year DFW-HKG. I'm pretty optimistic they'll clear on the flights I selected this October based on the open seats I've seen.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  7. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a great fare, unfortunately I am all booked the rest of the year, hopefully there is some good fare for early next year.