SF Ritz Carlton

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by stuartfla, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    First time stay at this Nob hill hotel. They recognized my MR Plat status at checkin (surprised by that) and everything went without a hitch and with some degree of perfection from staff . My room faced the courtyard and I was initially concerned as there was an event set up in the courtyard under tent for that evening - never heard a thing! Could not have been cleaner, better maintained and the service was all around what I have come to expect at the SF 4Seasons or the SF St. Regis and I liked being away from the Market and 3rd Ave area of these other hotels. Breakfast that was again flawless and not as pricey as has been reported for the quality and time spent with friends in a club like environment. Some of my breakfast companions voiced a preference for the more "happening" St Regis lobby but this hotel really suited me well on many levels. If the price is right, this will be my new first choice in SF.

Bonnie, KimK and TheIceTrojan like this.
  2. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed in this hotel a few years ago and had the same experience. Good to see they continue to provide an outstanding experience.

TheIceTrojan likes this.
  3. UADomer08
    Original Member

UADomer08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Aw you're making me regret my choice to try out the Stanford Court Rennaisance last weekend. Nice hotel but pretty underwhelming. Next time I'll take your advice and check out the Ritz. Only downside is huffing up that hill at the end of a long night of wine tasting and oysters [​IMG].

If you find yourself back in the area I would suggest swining by Hyde Street Seafood for happy hour. Dollar oyster and 3.50 beers and the staff was amazing. Affordable and delicious.

Bonnie and TheIceTrojan like this.
  4. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed at the Stanford Court multiple times. I agree it is a very nice hotel but it is not the Ritz. However, the price differential between the two can be significant.

5. KimK
    Original Member

KimK Silver Member

Status Points:
    You got me interested enough to book my March SFO stay here!!!

6. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I posted a short review in the Other Hotel Programs forum....But agree with UADomer08. Huffing and puffing up and down the hill isn't fun!