Session Input: Travel Photography

Discussion in 'Tampa | Sept 27-29, 2013' started by HansGolden, Sep 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello all!

I'll be doing two sessions at FTU Tampa and wanted some input from attendees on what you would find helpful. If you're planning to attend my travel photography session, please give some ideas on what you'd like to hear about. Here's my description so far, but I'm open to adding or deleting topics, putting emphasis on different parts, etc.

I kind of need this feedback pretty quickly as I'm starting to put this together.

I'd also like to open it up for you guys to submit photos you'd like me to analyze/critique/praise during the session. Please post them to this thread. I won't guarantee I'll use them, but hopefully I can do some.

gomike, storyteller and wrxmom like this.
  2. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent, looking forward to your session Hans. :)

I'd love some input on which lens - if you only want to bring one. I tend to just use my zoom lens all the time.

Maybe tips on low light photos for both a DSLR and iPhone.

HansGolden likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's your other session?

HansGolden likes this.
  4. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good. Keen to hear lens selection as well, if am only wanting to carry maybe 2. For use on say safari, cityscape, water, birds. Oh, and food :D. Black & white, as well as colour, and other colour effects..

Tripod / gorilla pod, monopod uses.
    Which memory card speed should I choose & what does it all mean? :)
    What is the best way to clean my camera & look after it, & what will damage it.
    What do you suggest for cost effective ways of image storage / backup when away from a computer for a few weeks. Or only enough electricity supply for everyone to only recharge their batteries.

Ok, so maybe enough questions to have you fill a few sessions ;)

See you there

HansGolden and FriendlySkies like this.
  5. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points:

Earning Unlimited Miles Through Shopping Portals
    How to buy goods through shopping portals while stacking promos, resell them at breakeven, and rake in tons of miles. These methods can be applied to personal purchasing as well, but the definite focus will be on finding items for resale.

6. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! If you're a Canon shooter, I may do you one better than giving tips on the right lens: I might provide you one! I got an insane deal on some refurb 18-200mm IS, so I bought three; not for the purpose of reselling for a profit, the prospect of that wasn't the greatest, but just to give to friends at cost. I've got one or two left and I'll bring them in case anyone wants it.

I'll keep the low light tips in mind.

Awesome, thanks! Good questions, good to know.

gomike likes this.
  7. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great offer, but I'm a Nikon girl...

Jubileesmom likes this.
  8. Biggles209
    Original Member

Biggles209 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I may attend (you have stiff competition from Messrs. Leff and Schlappig). You could sway me with some ideas on how to best shoot architectural features - I spend most of my trips wandering around cities looking at the buildings (I especially like photographing doors). I use a 28-135 in town, and also carry a 100-400 when I can use it. The 18-200 sounds very useful!

HansGolden likes this.
  9. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that was one of my fav sessions at DC. :)

gomike likes this.
  10. HansGolden

HansGolden Silver Member

Status Points: