Service in C on regional redeye?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by gba, Jul 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gba
    Original Member

gba Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got an upcoming trip booked on Singapore 826 from SIN-PVG departing at 1:15am and arriving at 6:25am. Does anyone know what the service is like on this flight? Do they serve dinner after takeoff and then something light pre-arrival? Nothing after takeoff and then a pre-arrival breakfast?

Also, do I have the option to BTC? If so, can I choose from both the dinner and breakfast options?

Thanks!

SQ LPP likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    BTC seems to depend on the airport where the flight departs; check the SQ website for F and J/C BTC menus. However, you only get a BTC choice for meals listed as lunch, dinner, and IIRC snack, not breakfast any more. If you call SQ, they can tell you how many BTC choices you get for each flight. IIRC BTC can be ordered on line only if the ticket was purchased through SQ on their ticket stock. Otherwise you must call (no service fee when I last did this, only to purchase the ticket over the phone) and also to reserve specific seats. You might be able to then print a confirmation from the SQ website if you know the SQ record locator.

SQ LPP likes this.
  3. gba
    Original Member

gba Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info. As far as I can tell the flight is coded "Meal" which isn't very helpful.

I have an SQ confirmation number (but didn't book through them and can't view the trip online) and was told on the phone I could BTC, I'm just not sure which meal I'd be picking (or what I'd be getting if I didn't BTC).

SQ LPP likes this.
  4. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I did this it was either supper or breakfast. Just about everyone in C chose breakfast, so if you do supper and plan to sleep until landing you might be disturbed by that.

You can have a dinner BTC for breakfast if so inclined.

gba and SQ LPP like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate these flights in C when you only get to choose either supper or breakfast, normally will avoid them if possible.

One time on such flight to PEK, I had trouble deciding whether to have the meal for supper and breakfast. When I finally chose a breakfast meal, the FSS urged me to have something after take off as well since, according to her, they had enough meals for everyone. She said that I had paid too much money for a C seat so I should've gotten my money's worth by having both supper and breakfast! :D

Fredrik, SQ LPP and gba like this.