Service Animals or Emotional Support Animals: A Pig Continues The Debate

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    There have been countless animals which have been passed off as either service animals or emotional support animals over the years — including a white goose, a dog who used the lavatory and Fluffy the Wonder Cat — and now a pig which was disruptive enough to cause it and its owner to be forced off of an airplane operated by US Airways... ...but that was certainly not the first time a pig has been brought onto a commercial airplane. “My biggest US claim to fame is that I flew two rows behind the non-Babelike ‘emotional support pig’”, recalled FlyerTalk member Feliceesq. “At least 250 pounds, and they did sit in the bulkhead (with the snout in the aisle....). And no one believed me until it broke in the newspaper...” Emotional support pig?!? Well, I suppose that is one way to bring home the bacon while avoiding to hock your valuable possessions by cutting the pork from your travel budget... ...but as I first reported in this article... The post Service Animals or Emotional Support Animals: A Pig Continues The Debate appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...