Senior rates

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Aug 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I am planning to treat my parents to a little vacation trip, which will include a hotel stay at a nice Marriott. I see that the hotel is offering a Senior rate that is better than the AAA rate.

Will I (a non senior) run into problems if I make two reservations - one room AAA for me, one room Senior rate for my parents, but keep both under my name/loyalty number and credit card?

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually have made reservations in my wife's name and her Marriott account (she is not a senior, but I am) on a least three times with in the last year and no questions were asked even at hotels where (we) were required to present passports which obviously showed her age at check in. (Italy for example)

I suppose the short answer would be that nobody really checks (unless you look 16 yo I guess :D)

MX and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am not planning to claim a senior rate for myself. As a Gold member due to UA status, I am entitled to bring one guest into the lounge, and I hope they will allow me to bring both parental units (this is in Europe, and on previous trips -- Hyatt Berlin and Hamburg -- they really enjoyed that part of the gifted vacation).

MX likes this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not book the two rooms individually under your name as a AAA member? Usually the rates are not that different from the Senior rate and I find often in many programs if I book the room under my name the system seems to pick them up individually and lounge access is provided for each one. You can combine the folios later at checkout

I recently booked three rooms at a Hilton and the Diamond amenities (bottle wine and chocolates was left in each:)) ... seemed to me they treated each booking as a separate entity.

Newscience likes this.
  5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Senior rate is 20 Euro per night cheaper than AAA. Three nights....

I guess I could book two senior rooms, claim senior mom needs her own room and I will stay with senior dad. ;) But I'd rather play fair and get generosity on the lounge access.

Dublin_rfk and newbluesea like this.
  6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Why not call the hotel? They may offer an even better rate.

newbluesea and Newscience like this.
  7. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience is that the Marriott senior rate is usually a bit cheaper than the AAA rate.

newbluesea and Newscience like this.