Selling/buying miles

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by newbluesea, Dec 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone here crazy enough (perhaps stupid is the more appropriate word) to get involved it this?
    :rolleyes:

http://flyer-miles.com

2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    personally no.

I do know of more than a few people who earned LOTS of miles traveling for business, & who had no desire to travel as well as no desire to simply give them to friends or family, so they did sell. They were very happy.

newbluesea likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose if you sold all the miles from your account and no longer plan to use that account for future travel one could consider this. But there have been increasing reports especially on AA boards of the airlines clamping down on this .. suspending accounts and even barring ticketed flyers from getting on flights.
    I guess once the cash is in your account its become the broker ( or the buyers) problem.

I am just a little surprised that the vendor ( assuming they are genuine) is willing to advertise so openly.. but hey its the internet. :)

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    How much would they offer for my Delta account with about 100k miles?

I'd ask them, but I really don't want to give them my real phone number. I suspect it would be a cent per mile max.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Ad which caught my eye said "we pay $800- $2000 for 100000 miles" .. I suppose DL would be near the low end.:D

icurhere2, gaijin62 and Flyer1976 like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta miles do seem to just set there, but they are lifetime miles, and never expire.....

They have a great shelf life,