Selecting My SPG Platinum 50 Night Benefit

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

In 2012 Starwood introduced a suite of new benefits for elite members, which really propelled them to one of my favorite hotel loyalty programs. From the perspective of a Platinum member, the two most significant improvements were as follows: -- Platinum continental breakfast: Platinum members can choose continental breakfast in lieu of their 500 Starpoint welcome amenity -- Suite Night Awards: Platinum members earning at least 50 qualifying nights in a calendar year receive 10 Suite Night Awards, each of which can be used to confirm a suite upgrade for a one night stay five days prior to arrival Earlier this year Starwood further expanded the scope of the 50 night Platinum benefit, by offering alternatives to the 10 Suite Night Awards. Apparently some members were having issues with them clearing, which is why they decided to introduce alternatives. Personally I've gotten quite a bit of value out of the Suite Night Awards, so would need a compelling alternative to forgo them. The post Selecting My SPG Platinum 50 Night Benefit appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...