Selecting a seat on SWISS (LX F)

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by daemon14, Mar 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to select a seat on Swiss online? Can't figure out how to do it. Booked ZRH-HKG via US miles and want to try my best for a window seat (preferably 1A or 2A).

(I thought to go through LH's site, but US doesn't have a LH reference number but only the Amadeus code that doesn't work. Even though I have an LH FRA-ZRH segment).

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you tried to call Swiss and request the seat you want? You should get their correct PNR in any event.

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have the LX PNR, just not the LH one. I've called 2x before and haven't gotten through, but tried again just now and DID! Couldn't get 2A, so instead of 2K. Guess I'll switch my other flight to HKG to the left side (I'm a big fan of views on landing ;)).

Would I have been able to do this via LH's site if I had the PNR? Seems kind of 20th-century to have to call for a seat assignment.

4. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience with Swiss is that you do have to call them for a seat assignment unless you book through a travel agent, who can usually confirm seats in advance.

TRAVELSIG and Jimgotkp like this.
  5. oztraveler

oztraveler Active Member

Status Points:
    One option is to use Lufthansa web site for managing one's booking as often Swiss bookings are available. The same approach can be used for Austrian Airlines.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only point to be aware of is that Swiss has publically stated (through the Swiss Lurker) that the seat reservations through the Lufthansa portal sometimes do "not take"- meaning it shows on the Lufthansa portal however really you do not have the seat confirmed.

To be sure of getting your reservations on Swiss- you need to call- no other way to do it at the moment if you want to ensure it is in the system correctly.