seeking CC with best mile program

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by fedem, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hello all,

am moving back to the US, from Italy, Jan 2012, and am looking for pointers on the credit card that has the best mileage program, any ideas?
    thank you! :)
    Federica

misman, cennas, deant and 2 others like this.
  2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It all depends on where you'll be flying, your spending patterns, your preferred destinations, and your credit score. Could you provide more information?

Many in the community here (Gary, Daraius, Rick, TPG, others) have blogs with links to the best credit card sign-up offers.

And welcome to MP.

spivey, cennas and rwoman like this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint.
    As harvson3 has said, much more info is needed to make a good decision. There are many good mileage earning credit cards available right now. And by January, what's available will change again, as some offers will end and new offers will come forth. So, I would advise taking these two months to do some research and see what's available.

spivey, cennas and rwoman like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    fedem,

Welcome to MP!

:)

cennas, ACMM and miles and smiles like this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you dont have an airline/alliance preference, then look at something like AMEX rewards gold or Chase's Sapphire, etc. I use AMEX because of the multipliers when charging airfare to the cards, plus airlines sometimes will offer bonus points to move amex points to their plan

cennas likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

As others have said, we need more information before suggestions can be made. What are your goal? Free airline trips or free hotels. Where will you be located and do you have miles in any current program?

cennas likes this.
  7. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, fedem :)

miles and smiles and lwkatya like this.
  8. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Deleted.

9. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    The others are right that the offers could certainly change between now and January. I think the most popular right now is the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. It comes with 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $3K in the first three months. It also gives a 7% bonus at the end of the year on all earned points, so really the sign-up bonus is 53,500 points. It is popular because you can transfer the points into programs like: Hyatt, United/Continental, British Airways, Marriott, Priority Club, Korean Air, and a few others. Essentially, they are way more flexible than if you were just earning miles/points in one specific program. American Express Membership Rewards are also flexible, but there isn't currently as good of a sign-up offer available for a personal card without being targeted. The SPG Amex that was mentioned is also a very good card.

I keep a link on top of my site to what I feel are the "Top 5 Credit Card Deals for Families". They are basically what I think are 5 of the current top deals for "normal" (whatever that means) people who can't necessarily meet super high minimum spending requirements and/or very high annual fees. There are currently links to both the Sapphire Preferred card and the Amex SPG card mentioned in this thread. Though which links I will have up in January just depends on which best offers are out. :)

As harvson3 pointed out, there are many great blogs in this community that with this sort of information. We would all be happy to help you out. Oh, and welcome back! :)