Seeking advice on a Chateau Frontenac stay.

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by Andyandy, Sep 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    All,

I'm taking Mrs. Andyandy to QC for our anniversary in November (brrr!) and staying at the Chateau Frontenac. I stayed there once as a child, but haven't been back. So, I'm trying to decide on the room and would appreciate advice from anyone who's stayed there. I've got a base budget of $900, courtesy of the Venture "status match" offer back in the Spring, for two nights and I'm booking through a Virtuoso agent (upgrade if available, breakfast, $100 food credit). Virtuoso rates track the BAR perfectly.

So, here's my dilemma: a Gold Signature room is $459/night, while a regular junior suite is $449 a night. The Gold benefits would be nice, but since our rate will include breakfast and $100 in food credit, they're not all that compelling. A junior suite (with a possible Virtuoso upgrade) might get us a nicer room. But then, the Gold rooms are in the central tower where I'd prefer to stay. But, just to complicate matters further, my Virtuoso agent said there was roof construction that might "impact" the Gold signature rooms. Ack! I'm having a tough time making a decision, any advice?

Andyandy

P.S.: Already joined President's Club, asked for a status match, no joy.

P.P.S.: I'm also considering a Gold King River View room @ $309/night on the chance that I would get upgraded to a Gold Signature Room.

uggboy likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your Virtuoso agent should be able to provide lots of information on the rooms types you're considering, including size and location. I assume you've looked at the Fairmont and individual property websites. I would look especially at room size as I remember some regular room categories there as being quite small, but renovations might have solved this problem.

Andyandy and uggboy like this.
  3. AndyTLe

AndyTLe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I personally am not a fan of Fairmont's Gold program at any of their hotels. There is not enough differentiation to justify the additional costs. I would go with the "regular" rooms.

Andyandy likes this.