Security lines at DFW today (02_07)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Illini_Fan, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Illini_Fan
    Original Member

Illini_Fan Active Member

Status Points:
    Given all the Super Bowl folks that are trying to get out of Texas -- does anyone have information on the TSA wait-times at DFW today?

I'm flying out tonight and typically only leave 5 minutes for security (which has been more than enough for the past few months), but................ I figured it might be a bit more crowded today.

2. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Too late for yesterday but a couple of my employees said that nothing was really a problem if you had status. Definitely longer than the usual five minutes... but not as horrid as the local news media was making them out to be. I was told by another flyer that the Admirals Clubs were at capacity and were turning away day passes and had no seating available. I lucked out... as I was leaving for the airport, my TUL-based client called me to reschedule for another week!

3. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found some security checkpoints are more deserted than others. The one in the B terminal, for example. Even on this past Monday (around 7am), I passed through security in less than a minute.

4. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Probably too early for the Super Bowl crowds to be catching flights....

5. Illini_Fan
    Original Member

Illini_Fan Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks -- it was about 90 seconds to get through the checkpoint at A21 :)