Suggestion Section for interesting/nice fares

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by iolaire, Mar 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like a section for interesting or nice fares that have nothing to do with mileage running. On ft people regularly post decent fairs and get complaints because the are not milage runnable fares. I think we should have a home for those.

For example, last fall I paid $700 roughly for dc, cabo, newerk (stop), dc in coach. At the same time you could have flown in biz for about $800. Again good prices for a thanksgiving trip in biz, but it may not be attract mileage runners.

This would be a home for fares people find that are attractive to them, and might interest other.

2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for starting this string, iolare! Having been a frequent flyer with Southwest Airlines (WN) for many years, I'd add that the "secret" of saving $$$ on WN is to book a ticket:
    - well over a month in advance
    - during a fare sale

A good example is the r/t fare from BWI to LAS. With the current Southwest Airlines fare sale, advance tickets can be purchased for as inexpensively as $133 each way. Tickets purchased a week or so out are in the $600 price range. And the good news about WN tickets is that they can be changed for no fee, or refunded to your credit card (full fare) or your WN account (internet sale fare).

Newscience

uggboy, gregm and iolaire like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points: