Second Checked-in baggage - Need Advise

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Durga, Mar 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Durga

Durga New Member

Status Points:
    Hi

Need an advise how I can check a second baggage with no fee (or less fee) on an international flight on Delta (MSP-CDG-BLR (India) ).

I was looking at Lufthansa and they allow two checked-in bags.
    However while booking the actual tickets, I ended up booking in Delta/Air-France combo for this travel, but forgot to check the baggage allowance during the ticketing.

Now when I see, they seem to allow only one checked-in baggage on Delta on the flights between USA and Asia destinations. And the second bag costs $75 fee. For a family of five, I end up paying 375 USD for the second bag.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

2. 0alfonso

0alfonso New Member

Status Points:
    Air France and KLM watch on every extra pound of baggage.
    That's why I try to steer clear of these two.
    Sorry, i think you selected the wrong airline.

3. Troy Miles

Troy Miles Member

Status Points:
    The number of checked baggage items you can transport depends on your travel cabin, destination and fare. If you have selected the Mini price, transporting checked baggage is a paid option.

4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The OP is flying MSP-CDG-BLR

Are AF Mini fares even available for TATL?

5. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there anyway you can each carry-on a bag? Otherwise, I can't think of anyway around it unless you have status with DL/AF.

WilliamQ and gregm like this.
  6. Durga

Durga New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all your responses. I figured I need to pay :(

One more question: I tried looking online for this information, but could not get it.
    How do I find out if my international flight has Wi-Fi (Say GOGO) ? It is difficult for us keep kids subdued during these long flights without a iPad or something.

7. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta doesn't offer GoGo on international flights. But, for domestic travel, you can check here:
    https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/Aircraft.html and look under the "amenities" section for each aircraft.
    If you already purchased, you can go to your seat selection and click the "Aircraft Details" icon, in the upper, right-hand corner. It would also show under "amenities".

8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes.

upload_2014-4-10_13-52-9.png

gregm likes this.
  9. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    That applies to checked bags. I had an issue with AF and carry-ons out of MIA last December. AF.com states you can bing 2 carry-ons plus a personal item and I was asked to combine 3 to 2 to get through security at MIA. When I stated that AF.com says differently, they said, "Oh well, sorry" and made me combine!

WilliamQ likes this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    What if you physically could not?

gregm likes this.
  11. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would have been SOL. I had my messenger bag, a regular roll-aboard and a large shopping bag with a gift in it. I slid the messenger bag alongside the gift in the shopping bag, went through. Barely fit, but it just had to make it through the X-ray.

WilliamQ likes this.