Seattle's Fairmont Olympic Hotel

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by NYBanker, Nov 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    “Grande Dame,” French for “Great Lady,” typically refers to a slightly eccentric, flamboyant woman. In a slightly different application of the phrase, it also refers to older hotels – typically established decades ago as properties catering to the wealthy. Many of these grande dame hotels offer their own bit of flamboyance or eccentricity.

Unlike many old hotels in Europe, all too often, I find America’s stock of old hotels to be dated and run down – with mid-scale service levels, at best. Seattle’s Fairmont Olympic hotel is a notable exception to that very unfortunate rule.

I was fortunate enough to stay in a suite at this hotel earlier this week. I published my full report here... (with lots more pictures!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy, Jubileesmom and nime01 like this.
  2. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed here before it was "Fairmont", but had great experience. Just across the street from the Fifth Ave. Theatre too and wonderful shows. Fun time

uggboy and NYBanker like this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    My girlfriend has a colleague from MCO who's spent about four of the last six months camped out a the Fairmont Olympic while he works on a project for them in SEA. I don't know if he's managed to turn that into lifetime platinum or just regular platinum, but he has nothing but praise for their service.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lifetime Platinum was a typo deal earlier this year.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...ree-night-in-the-sf-fairmont-prez-suite.3999/

I've probably stayed at a Fairmont a half dozen times ever. There is a wide range of levels of quality amongst Fairmonts. Of the ones I've been to, this one has been the best in terms of service.

uggboy likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is encouraging. I stayed here before it was a Fairmont and I hadn't been eager to go back and see downgrades in their service.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice to see you back MSPE.

I've only been to four or so Fairmonts....but this has been the best of any in terms of service. If you told me I was at a Four Seasons, I wouldn't have disputed it.

I hope things are well.

uggboy likes this.
  7. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't returned since it changed from Four Seasons to Fairmont. Stayed there over 100 nights visiting clients with the Mariners, Seahawks, Supersonics (now gone) and NCAA Final Four.

We purchased a condo a the new FourSeasons for our Seattle trips.

uggboy likes this.
  8. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I enjoy this hotel. My wife stayed at the new Four Seasons but likes the Olympic better. AMEX FHR is currently offering a stay 3 night pay for 2 nights special. Along with the free breakfast and $ 100.00 food credit it is a very good deal. I will be taking advantage of it for the 3d time on my trip this spring. The service is wonderful. I like the free car service for guests. You save time, and perhaps money depending on your tipping policy, by not waiting for a cab and you get to ride in a new Jaguar. :)

uggboy likes this.
  9. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at this lovely hotel again last weekend. We had a Virtuoso rate and were able to get upgraded to an Executive Suite on the top floor. We had wonderful breakfasts and the staff were top notch as always. We did not take advantage of the complimentary Jaguar this trip. Oh well. It is a wonderful venue and I look forward to staying there again.

uggboy likes this.
  10. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Fairmont is Virtuoso?

I have stayed at the Four Seasons on the Virtuoso program- however didn't know the Fairmont was part of the program?

tondoleo and uggboy like this.
  11. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes. FHR too. I have stayed at the Farimont under both programs. I chose Virtuoso since their base room rate was $ 50- $ 60 per night less. There are some differences in the offerings. V has a $ 50 food and beverage credit. FHR $ 100. V gives some welcome chocolates. FHR nada. Either way it is a nice way to travel.

uggboy and TRAVELSIG like this.
  12. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great news on the Virtuoso!

I gave up on AMEX >5 years ago as I found that dealing with PTS (Platinum Travel Service) was not worth the hassle.

Looking forward to checking out the Fairmont again- I used to stay there when it was a Four Seasons and it was a nice property.

uggboy and tondoleo like this.