Seattle SkyClub - The new SkyClub

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by NYBanker, Oct 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi. I visited the new Sky Club in Seattle earlier this week. The lounge is a big improvement over the old Northwest club...but they were well behind on cleaning.

IMG00132-20111004-1540.jpg

More details are here:
    http://bit.ly/nueJ9y

2. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fully agree its a huge improvement over the old small club.

The seats pictured above are interesting in they give some level of privacy. My only complaint is the power outlets are on the floor and under the seat. A better design would be to have the outlet more visible / accessible.

NYBanker likes this.
  3. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I popped in there the other night for the first time. Um, did anyone else have trouble making the bathroom appliances work? Like getting the toilet to flush properly? My heart is still with the AS Boardroom where I don't have to stand in a bathroom stall pushing buttons.

NYBanker likes this.
  4. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was there last week. I was pretty impressed. Lots of power outlets and they added swivel trays to the big high-back seats. The TV lounge seemed like actually a nice quiet place to rest because of the headphones needed. I wish all the SkyClub restrooms could be as nice as the ones in this club. Bright, modern, lots of room, etc.

NYBanker likes this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    No issues for me with the loo. Iirc, they had multi-flow toilets, to customize the water flow based on volume of waste.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    They have sensors to detect this and adjust the water flow automatically? :eek:

NYBanker likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought they had the 'two-button' flush system commonly found in Asia and the GCC...one for pee, and one for more than pee. This system saves a lot of water.

However, thinking about it, I'm wondering if I'm mixing things up with another loo in Seattle (not at the airport)...the DL club may have been touchless (and not multi-flow)... I'm not sure now which it was.

8. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine at home are like that ( http://www.caromausa.com ). The nice feature about these is they have a 4" drain line all the way through the toilet. In the 10 years I have had them, no plunger has ever been used. For a low flow toilet, that is a miracle.

9. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    blehhhhhhhh... I can't believe you guys are fixated on the SkyClub loos.