Seattle Hotels: W vs. Grand Hyatt vs. Doubletree Arctic Club

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Destinations' started by stevebussell, Dec 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. stevebussell

stevebussell Active Member

Status Points:
    All,
    Have travel to Seattle in two weeks and could use everyones recommendations on what hotel to stay in for a few nights. The hotels in the 'thread title' are what I was leaning towards due to points, but am open to all suggestions.

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. We recently stayed at the Hyatt in Seattle at eighth and olive. The hotel was fantastic and we were upgraded to a beautiful suite. As a diamond member breakfast for four was included, so I had my daughter and her boyfriend join us for breakfast in the mornings. The breakfast value was about what we paid per night for the room. The location was excellent and the service could not have been better.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I love the Hyatt Olive 8 as well.

4. stevebussell

stevebussell Active Member

Status Points:
    TKS! I did some digging and it does look like the Grand Hyatt as well as the Hyatt Olive 8 received great reviews and are fairly close to each other. I just got my new Hyatt Chase card so this may be a good time to break it in!

5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never stayed at the Hyatt properties, but I have stayed at the W and really enjoyed it. As a former Seattlite, I think the location is great - you can walk to Pike Place, the ferry terminals, Pioneer Square all pretty easily. The service when I stayed was very thoughtful. The views from the rooms are mostly office buildings, but some spot the bay and many directly face Seattle's fantastic library. I've not stayed at the Doubletree and it's not far from the W, but it's on a slightly sketchier block because of construction going on next door for a light rail station.

6. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I prefer the Hyatt but both hotels are nice. If you are an SPG Platinum, that might sway it to the W.