Seats

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by thegrailer, Jun 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I an looking to book an AC flight at an OTA [various reasons why] so I go to AC's site to see what my seating options are on a dummy booking. But I can't. A year or so ago I was flying AC a lot more and would go to the website, see if there was a good seat, and book via OTA. I can't seem to do that anymore. I see the progress bar advancing in the dummy booking but seats are after payment. Is this just user error? [been happening a lot to me lately :(]

Cheers

uggboy likes this.
  2. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where you select your flight and booking class you'll see an expansion of information below the flight number when you select one of the radio buttons for a flight. Part of that expanded information are links with the flight number (it's in fairly small font). Click those links and see the seating map.

thegrailer likes this.
  3. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks -
    I ended up calling AC [40+ minutes on hold]. I was looking to get seats in A/C or H/K since there are 2 of us traveling. The AC rep said that these are only available at check in - was she correct? I have never had seats held back until check in on AC. Typically, as a * Gold, any Y seats were good to go. Do I call back?

Cheers

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Were the seats you were trying to get the front of the Y cabin, or exit row? Exit row is an extra cost, can't remember the rules for *G access to the front of the cabin. (I can't reserve E+ seats on UA as a *G, either. Not exactly the same thing, though, I admit.)

YULtide and thegrailer like this.
  5. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have bulkhead row 12 in the middle so those are up front. The AC agent wouldn't let me have either of the side sections that are 2 across. So the same seats but in the middle section rather than the side

6. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update: Was delayed at DCA yesterday and asked the GA to find me seats. Nothing. The GA state that 40% of the seats are reserved until OLCI. The GA suggested checking in early if I wanted better seats. Not sure how that works when more than 60% of the seats are sold prior to OLCI unless the 40% just have to wait for a seat assignment. A bit odd actually.

Cheers

7. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have to update again. Tried to OLCI for my overnight EZE-YYZ flight but couldn't until 12 hours in since my YYZ-USA flight was the next day after the overnight flight. Lost any chance of getting a decent seat at OLCI.

Suggestions?

Cheers

8. Call AC direct and they will give you a seat

thegrailer likes this.
  9. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can try. I have a seat now, just not a very good seat.

I will be in Argentina and haven't checked yet to see if there is a local # - will do that.

Thanks