Seats to NZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by diver1, May 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. diver1

diver1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering what the best seats are on a UAL 789 in Buss . for leg room . WA had a good blog on another site with some pic's of the foot area, but I was not sure what pic went to what seat . Thoughts

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bulkhead is best. Aisle is slightly wider than window in those rows. I prefer the K/L seats over A/B and the second cabin over the forward cabin.

http://blog.wandr.me/2014/09/united-787-9-seat-dreamliner/

[​IMG]

In the photo above the seats are (L-R) Non-bulkhead (window), non-bulkhead (aisle) & bulkhead (aisle) IIRC.

Garp74 likes this.
  3. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If travelling alone, you want 1D/E or 6 D/E - the two bulkhead middle pair seats. That assumes windows aren't important to you.

If travelling with a companion, I'd take 1 A/B K/L or 6 A/B K/L for the privacy.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    #WindowSeat4Life

:p

Dublin_rfk, Kiwii_Xan and Garp74 like this.
  5. hitherandyon

hitherandyon Active Member

Status Points:
    Also wondering about going to NZ on American 788 in Business. Seats look very odd and people complaining of looking at other passengers. Are seats comfortable? They say 21-26 width, which ones are the widest? I think it would be odd seated facing backwards. Any help would be appreciated.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I like facing backwards in a lie-flat option. The AA seats are narrow but not devastatingly so.

7. hitherandyon

hitherandyon Active Member

Status Points:
    Also read that on 788 flights the seats are coupled in two's (except for a few) at the seat level, so if a person moves in the other seat you feel it. ugh. There are just a few seats that are tethered at the TV area instead of the seats..looks like they may be best?

8. diver1

diver1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK...Thanks for your help as always.. So next question is which is better UAL or AA on the same trip

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it is. ;)

Some people will have reasons to like one over the other. Others will disagree with them, sometimes vehemently. Either one will almost certainly be fine and subject to the randomenss that is potential mechanical/weather/catering/crew quirks. I'd pick on price/schedule at that point more than anything else.