seatmap unavailable for 3 wks on PMCO route from EWR - was this normal for PMCO?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by redwoman, May 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I have booked a flight for brother + 3-yr old niece on a DEN-EWR route and the seatmap has been unavailable for weeks. I'm starting to get nervous that the plane will fill up for summer travel and by the time the map opens up, i won't be able to get them seats next to one another. Is this something that was normal in the PMCO days or on this particular route or hub (EWR)? Is there anything I can do to assign them seats now?

Particulars: UA 1462 EWR-DEN Aug 4, 737-700 (PMCO metal), F cabin. I saw inventory dwindling on the other segments of the desired itin so I encouraged my brother to go ahead and buy the tickets, thinking that the seatmap would open up the next day, and it never did. I called Reservations on his behalf and tried to get them to assign seats and was told that since they couldn't see the seatmap, they couldn't assign seats either. That seems odd to me but what do I know?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The seatmap is currently unavailable. I can see the map for other flights that day but not for that particular flight.

I do see F10 C0 Y61 though, so maybe after they figure out whatever glitch is going on things will be fine.

BTW going forward a week to 8/11 the seatmap is unavailable as well, so it might be something related to that particular flight number (it seems to only fly that route on Saturdays?)

redwoman likes this.
  3. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks viguera. Are you using KVS to view that inventory? I've never seen (fare class)>9 on ua.com. It must be F10 because 2 out of the 12 seats have been booked for my brother. Perhaps that flight is only operated on Saturday and they're planning for an equipment change or cancellation; if so, I hope they don't cancel it. Bro is not a FF, has no status and is a divorced dad traveling with a 3-year old. IRROPS would not be kind to him.

4. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    redwoman likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seatmap is up now.

Still showing F10 so I think you're good. Still a 73G so doesn't look like an equipment change -- or at least not to a different type.

redwoman likes this.
  6. redwoman

redwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks viguera and TravelerRob for your help. I saw the seatmap finally appear on the mobile app and snagged the bro and niece seats 2A and B. They're going to love it!

viguera likes this.