Seating tips for couple travelling together

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by keepinitsimple, Apr 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. keepinitsimple
    Original Member

keepinitsimple Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking for some tips on the best seating. I am travelling with my spouse.

Let me know if existing assignments should be changed and any advice on the unassigned segments. Existing assignments done based on seatguru

The aircraft on my itinierary and the class of travel are:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UPDATE: Removed routing info until my travel is over

2. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quick question, you two want to seat next to each other right? No one wants a window seat? Most of the F seats configuration for your flights are 1-2-1. Thus the only way to seat together is in the middle part - no window.
    You can check at seatguru or seat expert as well.

I remembered last time on 9W, it was 1-2-1 config. I prefer 2DG. I like to see the whole cabin, thus row 2 is preferable.

Have not been in one. But looking at seat guru, Seat A and C are two seaters.

I have been in this type of the plane. Yes 2DG is very good for couple. 1DG is the bulk head, but in front of it there is the area where the crew prepare the drinks. In addition, pax many times I observed would go trough this area when the lav is available in the other side of where the pax seat.

Should be fine.

In general for intra-Europe on LH, I prefer A/C seats rather than DEF side..

I had been in this type of plane. Again, the config is 1-2-1.
    1EF or 2EF would be fine. I was at 2K at that time, but unfortunately the first row of C cabin behind 2EF were talking too loud. Fortunately I had my Bose. :)

TG still has two different kind of seats for their 744. One time I took BKK-NRT, I got the old config and older seats where row 1 and 2 has 2-2 config, and row 4 has 2-2-2.
    Another time, I got the new seats as well as different config which the window seats are the single seats. Thus to seat together you need to get 2EF or 3EF.

Enjoy your trip.
    Cheers,
    :)

3. keepinitsimple
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks... Here are final seats assignments done. Decided to get window seats in last 2 F segments to try them out. Wont be sitting together in those segments.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    UPDATE: Removed routing info

misman likes this.
  4. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    WHO ARE YOU???!!!

Kidding - but I AM jealous!

5. keepinitsimple
    Original Member