Seating Fun! Customer Day One?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by avflyer, May 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got an email from UA telling me about a schedule change. Thinking that this was one of those two or three minute seasonal adjustments, I took a look, and lo and behold there was no time change, rather, one of my O/B flight numbers had changed. What had also changed was that I no longer had assigned seats on BOTH of my O/B flights (SNA to IAH, IAH to RDU).

Soooo since this was CO metal, I went to the CO preview site and plugged in my UA record locator. Voila! All of the flights appeared, except SNA IAH (the one that the flight number had changed on). I was able to re-assign a seat on the IAH RDU leg no problem.

I tried to update SNA IAH leg on .bomb but got an error message. I called UA and they said all they had to do was update the PNR and then I could select a seat. But noooooooo. So I called UA back and they were able to pull up a seat map on the CO 738. I asked for exit row and was told that was reserved for 1Ks as I was blocked on her screen. (I'm 1P) I told the CSR that this is obviously incorrect b/c I was already seated exit row IAH RDU. She called Continental and got it done. Very professional but obviously a bit frazzled. She said they had been told this was customer day 1.

Moral of the story? Make nice with your CSR and you will get the job done. Overall not a bad experience, but shows that we are in for some glitches in the days to come.

Rlpro and sobore like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, UA requires all schedule changes - even just a flight number change - to be cleared manually by calling in. Sucks.

Rlpro likes this.
  3. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. SHARES sucks.

:p

Rlpro and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. Rlpro
    Original Member

Rlpro Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also called today after getting a schedule change notification for a mixed CO/UA itinerary that was booked online at United.

UA agent couldn't access res. details and had to call CO. We both were holding on the line.
    CO agent could not see any changes and asked us to hold while she spoke with a service agent (I think that was the title she used). She came back to let us know she was also holding for the service agent. We hold a little longer....

She returns and lets us know that the ticket has been exchanged or re-ticketed (can't remember exactly) as a "true" CO ticket. Everything else remains the same.

So it ended up being a lengthy call at about 35 min. But was interesting to hear the two agents interacting as they worked to figure things out.

avflyer likes this.
  5. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there any advantage to calling in if nothing changed except a flight number and my seat assignments are still there?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes; until you clear the change flag on the reservation you won't be on the UDU lists.

avflyer, goalie and dwhotz like this.
  7. dwhotz
    Original Member

dwhotz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yeah...that's important. Thanks Seth!

8. Similar issue happened to me on mixed flight reservation. Could not change my CO seat because website showed me double booked on my return flight so ticket was invalid (on UA website, all looked fine). CSR was able to work thru it but still has no idea why I am shown as double-booked in First and EP. Thinks my upgrade may have been the issue - system glitch that causes it to look like a double-booking rather than an upgrade? Anyone else seen this?

9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    And in addition to what Wandering Aramean said, you will not be able to change seats if you happen to see a better one available until you accept the change. You will go thru the motions and will see "seats assigned successfully" but your seat assignment will not change.

dwhotz and avflyer like this.
  10. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great advice. I did not know that after all these years. Thank you goalie and WA

goalie likes this.