SeatGuru vs. SeatExpert

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Efilon87, Mar 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking at some seating options for my LH A380 flight from IAH-FRA in business. Been on both sites, and reviews for the same seat are different. For example, SeatGuru says 21A is a good seat (green) but SeatExpert shows the same seat as bad (red). Which site is better or more reliable? Thanks!!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    SeatGuru appears to have a more accurate and detailed seat map for A380. Assuming it's correct, then 21A would be a bulkhead seat. The comments for bulkhead seats are virtually identical between the two sites: increased legroom, reduced storage, proximity to bathrooms and galley, and high traffic area. So you decide whether those factors are good or bad for you. I'd personally not choose a bulkhead seat in business class, since legroom is not a major issue there.

Gargoyle, Efilon87 and Counsellor like this.
  3. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Disclaimer: I used to work on SeatExpert :)

If you check out the A380 seatmap on Lufthansa's site, it looks like row 21 is positioned just before the exits and almost immediately next to the lav, and row 22 is the bulkhead.

Gargoyle likes this.