seat upgrades

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by The Boss, Dec 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. best way to get good seat on trans ocean flights?

2. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Best as in easiest? Pay for a first class ticket.

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP The Boss!

lwkatya likes this.
  4. mauld

mauld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! had to look twice at which site I was on... for a moment there I thought I was back on FT :rolleyes:

Now to respond 'politely' to the OP, it would depend on what you consider 'Best'... do you like window, aisle, bulkhead, away from the galley etc. I would suggest trying www.seatguru.com - you can see all seats available on a variety of planes and get. a comment regarding what is considered generally good/bad/ or just marginal. For me on a 2 asile plane, like a 777 I'd go for an aisle seat in the middle (and hope no one sits in the center seat). If you are elite on the airline, you may be able to preselect an exit row that has more leg room. If you are travelling with someone, you may like a 2 seat configuration etc.

5. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    An extremely vague question is going to get an extremely vague answer.

No one has a problem answering newbie questions. But if you have absolutely no substance to your question, how can anyone take your question seriously enough to provide a good answer.

There was no mention of whether or not they got a ticket. No mention of what criteria defined a good seat for them. Did they want better service? Good view? More legroom? Quieter? Or maybe they meant good seat as in price.

Everything we do is striving towards "getting a good seat."