Seat selection on DL award, KLM flight

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by autolycus, Dec 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry in advance for the remedial question...

I booked some award tickets a couple months ago for April (~120 days from now). I have picked the seats on all of the DL-operated flights, but DL.com still tells me that a seating diagram is not available for the KLM flight from AMS-BUD. No seats are listed as having been assigned for us. I'd really like to go on and get seat assignments for that flight so my wife and I will be guaranteed of sitting together. When will the seats be assigned automatically? Is there any way to get them assigned sooner?

KLM.com can pull up the ATL-AMS seats using the DL locator #, but it, too, won't let me pick seats or show me what seats are assigned, if any.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    KLM makes seat maps available 90 days before the flight.

I have not tried recently, but in the past you could call NW/DL and make a request for a certain type of seat on KLM, but the disadvantage of doing this is that the seat then could not be changed later by you.

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're booked in coach on AMS-BUD, there won't be advance seat selection available, just at check-in. If you're in business, you can selected 90 days out as MSPeconomist says. Just be sure to do it on KLM.com.

4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it's coach (X fare, according to dl.com) for AMS-BUD. KLM doesn't allow advance seat selection for anyone other than business, or just doesn't allow it for award tickets? I guess we'll at least be checking in before a lot of passengers because we'll be checking in 24-hours before a TATL flight, which will give us a jump on EU-originating passengers.

5. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME, seat assignments for all coach seats, paid, award, whatever, on KLM intra-Europe flights are day-of, at the airport.

mtkeller likes this.
  6. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info! At least it's a short flight compared to the one to get to AMS in the first place. :)