Seat reservation at Thai

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by LN-FHU, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LN-FHU
    Original Member

LN-FHU Silver Member

Status Points:
    jbcarioca likes this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sure it is, except on TG domestic segments.

I usually email my TG confirmation #, name, flight #, and route with my request to contact - at- service.thaiairways.com

And of course you could pick up the phone.. :)

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    And if you also happen to know the Amadeus reference, then you can do it on LH website...

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    You can assign a TG seat on the LH website? I haven't seen TG seat maps come up that way. Though that's with reservations that include both LH and TG segments.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I currently have booking SYD-BKK(TG)-ZRH-MXP(LX)||MUC-ZRH-JFK(LX)-SYD(UA) and was able to select TG seats on LH website. In the past, I have to admit, I always had TG and LH on the same PNR. So considering LX and LH affiliation, you might be right. However, there was recently discussion around the same topic on FT and consensus seems to be that once you have Amadeus locator, you should be able to do it on LH.

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  6. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried my TG record locator on Amadeus (it's part of a CO redemption). No dice.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. grand voyageur
    Original Member

grand voyageur Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tried both record locators (BD redemption) on LH without luck. Was worth a try and have been able to assign seats on KE flights through AF website so always worth to check with alliance partners.

8. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also tried on an itin including LH, LX and TG. The TG segments didn't even show up this time.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Taken seconds ago:
    Capture1.JPG
    QF flight is on different ticket, but same PNR...

10. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not disputing you, I've seen this in the past as well. Just telling you that as of yesterday my two itins which have LH and TG on them are not showing the TG flights.... at all. YMMV.

11. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then I would recommend to check your TG flights carefully...

12. Paiteaw
    Original Member

Paiteaw Active Member

Status Points:
    This is my preferred method. Always nice to talk to a human being sometimes too. :)

kwai likes this.
  13. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    My TG flights are quite fine thank you. Why is it difficult for you to grasp that there might be some glitches and what works for you might not be universal?

14. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    An itinerary with an LH segment will generate an LH confirmation number.

When you pull up that confirmation # on the LH site, you will generally see the surrounding segments only but not your entire itinerary if it's long enough, with stopovers, etc.

LH is seeing the flights you are connecting from and to, the flights they need to see in order to managed your trip with them.

Sometimes more than that will show up. Sometimes everything will. Or sometimes everything will at first, and then segments drop out. But that doesn't mean anything is wrong with your itinerary.

Always best to check in periodically with your operating carriers, especially on a multi-carrier award and especially booked far in advance as schedule changes can wreak havoc or improperly propogate across carriers. Rare, but it does happen where problems ensue and you wouldn't otherwise be notified.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  15. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    That indeed has been my recent experience.

I have't had any schedule changes but I did change from TG 931 to TG 933. After that all my TG flights dropped off. Seeing this I immediately called and all is fine. After a few years I've gotten the hand of this. :D

16. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I just mail laxreservation@thaiairwaysusa.com (the US office) when I have questions/want to check on the itinerary/change seat assignments on TG, giving them the itinerary. Seems to work fine (they now have me on UD 747 going DPS-BKK, whee!), so perhaps the OP should mail the office for his country?

So, this is what I see on my CO C redemption going HKG-SIN-DPS(SQ)-BKK(TG)-HKG(EK):

CO site, using CO record locator: sees all segments, natch. Cannot assign seats.
    SQ site, using SQ record locator: sees SQ segments, does not see TG/EK segments. Can't change a blessed thing (seats, BTC) since it's a CO ticket, which SQ helpfully points out.
    TG mobile site, using TG record locator: sees last SQ segment, TG segment. Cannot change things.
    TG regular site, using TG record locator: sees nothing, so obviously can't change anything.
    EK site, using EK record locator: sees TG segment and EK segment, can change pretty much everything related to EK (I changed my seat twice there, to 7A and then 23K).

gleff likes this.
  17. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I actually do this as well, I gave the 'contact' email address above because they'll forward to the relevant local office for whatever the question is.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  18. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your sarcasm and personal attack is not warranted, leave it for FT.

19. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

Status Points:
    As a sort of irrelevant aside, TG has promptly dealt with my email the last two times I've emailed them about my reservation (within hours).

I emailed SQ Saturday at their US address, us_reservations@singaporeair.com.sg, regarding my reservation. Still no response. So it looks like TG is actually better on this score than SQ. Time to pick up the phone I suppose...

20. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is neither sarcasm nor a personal attack. You have continually asserted that TG flights will show up on LH and I'm telling you that, to the contrary, it is not a correct position.

21. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    TG is uniquely good with emails for an airline. And I find they will even route thing to the person who really can help, e.g. I had an email forwarded to the Phuket station manager who handled exactly what I needed in advance.

Oddly enough, Brussels Airlines is reasonably good by email.

SQ - best in class blah blah - is still just an airline :)

22. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do not want to get personal, but are you blind or what? I have no asserted, I have clearly proven it!!! I clearly showed you that TG flights do show on LH site, other people confirmed that too (here on MP and also on FT) and you are telling me that it is not showing there? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps your case is the exception???

23. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Look, it is you who is getting personal. I'd appreciate it for this to cease before I get the notion to attack you personally, in response to your obvious attacks. Please don't push that me that far. Where have I said my case is indicative of universality? Please point that out to me.

You are the one claiming universality and i'm saying only that there are exceptions. It seems you have a difficult time understanding your experiences are not necessarily parallel to others'.

24. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    So you have seen it in the past too... Now you do not see it, you admit that you changed flight and are trying to persuade me that I am the exception... Don't get it... So, perhaps the changes did not get through to LH...
    I have been flying between Australia and Europe, mixing various airlines (LH,SQ,UA,LX,TG) regularly for ten years now and have never ever had problem seeing TG flights on LH site. I have recently organised trip between Europe and Australia for my friend on OS and TG, (purchased directly from OS in Vienna) and managed it all through LH website. I have just spoken with a colleague who is flying TG/LH to Europe next week and pulled his trip on LH website without problems.
    So, considering your own admission, my around 40 trips, other people's words and what has been said here and on FT, I would suggest that most of the time, LH sees TG flights, but there might be exceptions.
    The only time flights disappeared from my LH screen was late last year when UA suddenly cancelled my flight and that was a reason why I suggested to you to check your flights. It was well meant advice to which you responded
    If that is not sarcasm and personal attack, then I am sorry that I ever bothered trying to help or answer your original question.

25. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you choose to read only part of my posts then don't respond to my posts. I never said you were the exception, only that there are obviously exceptions. Please, if you're going to take this attitude shuttle back to FT where you're quite good at being antagonistic. Either that or understand that your experiences are not the only possible ones. Do I really need to say that again? There are other, equally valid scenarios.

Better yet, gain the acceptance that you can't always be completely correct. Nothing is black and white.