Seat map problems?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bonnerbl, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else noting that the seat selection maps aren't working? I have two biz seats upgraded (paid) from coach. They were originally in row 7 and I tried to change them to row 1. Row 1 completely empty. Passenger #1 and #2 looked ok. I made changes and exited. Then to make sure I went back and looked at them again. Passenger #1 was in row 1. Passenger #2 was back in row 7, but the seat he was in now showed as occupied on the seat map. So I went thru the same routine in a different row. This time passenger #2 was ok and it put #1 back in row 7.

Called 1K line and the agent said the details in the reservation were correct, both pax in row 1. Also said that they were having lots of problems with the seat maps and shares, but not to worry because what you had in the reservation record was the important one. Frustrating.....am expecting to go to the gate and find one of us back in row 7. :-<

MarcoBJ likes this.
  2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noted some similar issues in the Expert Mode thread. I was upgraded but the website still shows me in coach. An agent confirmed that I had been upgraded and that I was assigned an F seat.

3. Traveling Cub

Traveling Cub Active Member

Status Points:
    Same thing for me. Upgraded, and the Business class seats I selected are grayed out, but the rez still says 21D.

Agent says seats are correct, the website is screwed up... Shocking as that sounds. ;)

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This happened to me SEA IAD yesterday and the supervisor in SEA downgraded me to economy saying tough luck with no compensation :confused: . I was upgraded but the seat assignment didn't stick.

I refused to accept that so they rebooked me for a later flight in F and customer care was not helpful at all saying CPUs did not get compensation on downgrades per their guidelines.

Eventually it was escalated to Corporate and they looked into it and offered an equitable solution. I can only hope this doesn't happen again to me or anyone else.

Posted via a Russian Lektor in the hands of SPECTRE.

5. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Similar thing happening to me on economy seat selections for a Skywest/UA Express flight. They have lost and/or changed my seats about 5 times in the last week. Each time I go back and correct the problem, it is changed again the next day. Now, I am getting a message that seats for this flight cannot be selected in advance, must select at check-in. Flying with a family of 5, including a 2 y.o., I'm sure I'll need to play that card when the time comes.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but still very annoying.

6. MarcoBJ

MarcoBJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why is the seat map showing a different seat what is booked? (Should be first, showing coach n the map)