Seat Map Confusion

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by malikguy, Apr 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I want to start off by saying that I love ExpertFlyer. It's been worth every penny, however, today I'm finding myself in an odd situation. I'm looking at the seat map for flight AA6 on 4/21/2013 and it shows that seats 11B, 11H, and 11J are available (11C, E, G are blocked). However, I cannot select these seats on AA.com nor can I set a seat alert since EF thinks the seats are available. Any ideas?

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    The issue was that AA was returning both the Blocked and Premium Only attributes for those seats, which is something that we hadn’t seen before. This has now been fixed.

3. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you!

4. fourcorner

fourcorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    We have booked a round trip JAL flight using AA award miles, from SFO to HND and then HND to SFO. The first leg of the trip is economy and the return trip is business. Can we use Expert Flyer to alert us if there are available upgrade seats (to business class) available on the SFO to HND portion of the trip? Thank you.

5. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    You are posting in the wrong thread as award/upgrade inventory has nothing to do with seats. The list of supported Award/Upgrade airlines is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do Please email customercare@expertflyer.com for help.

6. fourcorner

fourcorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry about that. Still working my way around with Milepoint and the Expert Flyer program.

7. ExpertFlyer Voice

Status Points:
    No worries, please let us know if you have any other questions.