Seat Changes After Booking

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by FetePerfection, Jan 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I booked international travel through an online agency later last year. Doing so I saved over $800 versus booking directly with Delta. However the downside I now see is very limited seating options and all of them stink.
    I couldn't understand why my flight from ATL to CDG was so completely full giving me about 5 seats to choose from, all in the back center. Today while doing a fake booking I see there's only about 25% occupancy and lots of great EC options. Granted I know these seating charts aren't reliable, but at least I know the plane isn't near capacity.
    How can I go about switching my seats and paying for EC? Will Delta help me out as a Gold Member or will they laugh at me for booking through the online agent? Thanks for your help/suggestions.

Gargoyle and anileze like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was unaware of a booking channel requirement for EC. You only get SPG points booking with DL, so that is a bit of a channel requirement....but I've never heard of it for EC.

I'd call DL. Worst case, they'd laugh at you, though I think that is unlikely. :)

Let us know how you go.

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is your ticket booked on DL (006) or AF ticket stock?

I'm assuming you can see your reservation on dl.com. If you're a Silver or Gold (based on your comments/signature), you should have access to the blue preferred seats.

If it's a DL-operated flight, you should be able to see it in My Delta - you should be able to select/purchase EC from there.

As a FO/GM, you'll get a discount on international EC.

4. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is Delta stock - confirmed 006 and I do see the reservation in my Skymiles account, however every seat except 5 are blocked giving me awful seat selection options. I think I'll call Delta as NY Banker suggested and ask nicely to find an EC seat for me.
    Thanks rwoman and NY Banker for your help. Another reason I love it here versus the other place where there might be over 2 doz snarky responses. :)

5. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Called Delta to switch seats - they said it's an Air France ticket therefore they have to make the change - tried online but I am not confident it will work - I had to pick a seat and enter the number rather than touching the screen and having the change confirmed. In addition, I expect to pay 50% for economy comfort (or whatever AF calls it) but I haven't been billed. I wrote to AF as suggested and not received a response. I just cannot fathom a crappy seat in the middle of strangers in the middle of the plane!

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Communication between "partners" AF and DL is really poor. It's as if they don't trust each other to access their respective databases.

FetePerfection likes this.
  7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you managed to get your preferred seats?

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. FetePerfection
    Original Member

Status Points:
    On the Delta site, no but on the AirFrance site, yes. I will call AF to confirm.

monitor, Flyer1976 and Gargoyle like this.