Seat Assignments on Cathay?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by NorthtoAlaskaa, Jul 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. NorthtoAlaskaa

NorthtoAlaskaa Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I've a 4 Cathay flights this coming winter that I booked using BA Avios. I enjoy CX but I don't enjoy the fact that since these are award tickets I can't get my seat assignments until 48 hours before the flights.

I contacted CX and asked about joining their Marco Polo club, but even then I wouldn't be able to get seat assignments unless I'm a silver member.

Does anyone know any "backdoor" (Being a member of some other program, etc.) means to get seat assignments in CX? I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars to join something, etc. if I could avoid hours and hours of playing "piggy in the middle".

Thanks so much.

2. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Normally BA PNR is the same as the CX one. you can log in with it and see your reservation on cathaypacific.com .there it's pretty easy to select your seats(180 days prior to departure) .if its F class they normally block everything but the center seats so just give them a call and they will help you out (just got 1A,2A for myself and wifey for and upcoming trip).
    good luck and happy travels.

iolaire likes this.
  3. NorthtoAlaskaa

NorthtoAlaskaa Active Member

Status Points:
    thanks olmangsr, but when i use the cathay website i get "You are not eligible to request a seat in advance. Please check in online to select your preferred seat up to 48 hours before your flight."

these are economy rather than first or business awards, so perhaps that is the difference.