Seat assignment on Cathy Pacific

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by Dixhill, Oct 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Dixhill

Dixhill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have an award (AA miles) Business ticket HKG-ORD in May. How soon can I make seat assignment?
    Do I do it through AA or CX? Thanks!

JohnDeere19 and jbcarioca like this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally the seat assignments work only on AA if the ticket is on AA stock. Thus, call AA, you will not manage to do CX seat assignments on aa.com. If the flights are CX flight numbers sometimes I find it works on cathaypacific.com, but usually it is back to the AA call center. I do this 2-3 times per year and just call the AA call center. Don't expect them to know the CX seat maps, they don't, but they can give you a seat assignment.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    180 days out on CX. Call AA and get the CX record locator and go to manage my booking on CX, should be able to do it there once you're 180 days away.

Dixhill likes this.
  4. Dixhill

Dixhill Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the CX record locator so I should be able to pick our seats online next month?
    The plane is going to be 77D:) Any suggestion for the best seats? Mini cabin vs main cabin? Thanks!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd almost always opt for a mini cabin over the main, preferably row 11.

NYBanker likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, that's a good rule in most any circumstance where a mini cabin is offered.

The only exception I can think of is on the old DL 767 and MD11 configurations where they had a mini-J cabin behind the main cabin. That was less cool....and last served.

JohnDeere19 likes this.