Seat Advice Needed for Couple: 4-Class 777 in Club World

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by AndreaRH, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AndreaRH
    Original Member

AndreaRH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Which are the best seats for couples in Club World on BA's 777 with 4-class service? We're traveling EWR-LHR and Club World has six rows of seats (rows 10–15).

E/F seem to be meant for couples traveling together but I've got two concerns... 1. does it feel weird flying "backwards"? and 2. is it really tough to step over people if you're in an E or F seat and need to get to the aisle? (I'm vertically challenged so this does worry me!)

Are we better off in an A/B or J/K pair that face each other or should we taken an E/F? (Outbound is an overnight flight and the return is daytime.)

We know row 15 won't have the "stepping over people" issue, but it's the bassinet row so we're a bit gun shy of booking that row.

We'd appreciate your advice!

2. Globaliser
    Original Member

Globaliser Silver Member

Status Points:
    No. Other than at takeoff and landing, when the sensations are slightly different, you won't even notice that you're facing backwards.
    It's not "really tough", but if the aisle seat passenger is lying down then you need a small amount of agility if you are to step over them without kicking them. The bed surface is only about a foot off the floor, so we're not talking about being a contortionist.

Nevertheless, I would always recommend a window-side pair to a couple. It is so much more sociable when you are facing each other for talking and eating. Much nicer than being side-by-side.

3. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    Appearently, it's better flying backwards if you're gonna sleep. The bed is completely flat in relation to the aicraft, but the aircraft has a slightly nose-up pitch, meaning that "sleeping backwards" raises your head a bit above your feet - sleeping the other way, does the opposite.

4. AndreaRH
    Original Member

AndreaRH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great advice, guys! Thank you!