Seat Advice Needed - First Class 747

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by alwayslearning, Jul 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alwayslearning

alwayslearning Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're booked (2 of us) on TG921 7 Dec 2011 first class - and have been assigned seats 2E and 2F. Are those good seats for two people or should I be looking to change them. (SeatGuru and SeatExpert are tough to use when it comes to first class seats.)

2. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, they are in my opinion the very best seats for a couple traveling together. 3E, F are just in front of the lavs. Some people say they prefer 1A, K but you can't really have an easy conversation due to the distance.

3. alwayslearning

Status Points:
    Thank you - I appreciate the information.

4. akghost
    Original Member

akghost Silver Member

Status Points:
    One quick question I have that may be pertinent for the original poster: Does TG still have 744s that have not been refitted with the new F product. I've heard of some people paying for an F seat only to get the early 1990s kind, are those now gone?

5. alwayslearning

Status Points:
    I don't know since I've never flown this route before. But based on the seat assignment and how they display on the Thai Airways website, it appears to be the newer (lie-flat) first class configuration.

6. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes TG still has 6 7442 which still have old first class seats. These usually fly to CPH/ARN were the old F is sold as C and short hops to HKG, DPS and PEK. Of course this being TG, these aircraft can suddenly end up on any TG 747 route. But aircraft swaps has gotten a lot better after TG started leasing 77Ws from Jet.

TG also plan to retrofit the 7442s (which are the newest 747s in TG`s fleet) with new F (mini suites) and flat beds in C during 2012-13.

7. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    To be more on topic to your original question: I would book 1A and K in "new" TG first on 747. Me and my GF have no problem talking to each other across the aisle, and the first row seats really are the place to be :)

8. alwayslearning

Status Points:
    Thanks. I'll report back our experience after the trip in December.

9. alwayslearning

Status Points:
    Seats 2E/F were wonderful ... allowed very easy conversation between the two of us. Seats 1A and 1K would also have worked well, but since there were a few very loud people (yes, in first class!) conversation might have been a little more difficult.

Once again, thanks for everyone's comments.

10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good to know, I'll be in TG F on the 744 from BKK to NRT on 1/5 , I haven't got a seat assigned yet so I'm hoping for a Window.