Sears portal shopping

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TravelBear, Jul 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have any insider trading info on when Sears will do x10 again? Daddy needs a new frig in a bad way and it would irk me so if I bought it at 4x right before it went up! :mad:

;)

GoodBoy likes this.
  2. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    No insider info here, but if I were to guess, I'd say daddy's gonna need to put the fridge on Santa's list, b/c if it does come back, I'm guessing it would be around Black Friday like it was last year when I bought my 55" TV.

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Crap we can't wait that long, and Sears is now at 3x. Hubby says we can at least wait another week. He is actually being fairly understanding with this as he knows the only reason I want to put off buying the new one is for a better points situation.

Question: I could buy HI gift cards at x5 (INK)then purchase through the portal for an additional x3. While I wouldn't be getting any additional cc coverage I would still have the manufacturer/store warranty right?

GoodBoy likes this.
  4. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I just bought a $2,500 mattress from Sears using that exact method, although it was 4x through the portal last month. I'm returning it and already called and everything is warranted as normal. Although, the hitch is that the system doesn't take multi-payments online, so I had to go to a physical Sears and "buy" sears gc's with those HI cards. You can use up to 16 gc's online, but not more than 1 credit card.

GoodBoy likes this.
  5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    At one point I was able to buy Sears physical gc online with HI and got UR points. I think I read somewhere where this had changed. Also, I would assume that you can use up to 16 gcs AND a cc for the difference...right?

GoodBoy likes this.
  6. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, that did change. You used to be able to use the UR portal to buy sears GC's (according to Frequent Miler - I live in FL and wasn't ever able to do it, but he reported that wasn't available anymore now) and you're exactly right, up to 16 GC's and 1 CC can be used for 1 transaction, that's how I did it. I used 5 GC's and the CC to make up the remaining balance.

GoodBoy likes this.
  7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your input!!

servo likes this.
  8. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sigh....isn't that true for most Daddys? :D

9. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    The bigger the better!

Just an update. So with my newly minted Ink card I went to OD and bought 4 Home Improvement gc. Then I went to Sears and "exchanged" them for Sears gift cards. FYI Sears gift cards max at $500. Tip: Have them ring each one up individually as you get coupons with each transaction, plus I think it is easier on the clerk. After getting the Sears gc I went home and ordered our new frig via UR and Sears. If all goes as planned I should net 8x for the new frig as Sears is only at 3x atm. Will follow up once points post.

10. mooeyjc

mooeyjc Active Member

Status Points:
    Congrats. I did the same way with my appliance shopping with Sears.