Search within a Thread?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't figure out if/how to do this .... I see search working for forums, but it is not available to search within a thread. A lot of these threads are getting pretty long (and will get longer), if you wanted to find a particular posters comments from earlier or to see if something was mentioned, the functionality doesn't seem to be available or at least intuitive at the moment.

Any plans to improve this feature?

2. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just noticing this also. A simple Seach This Thread would be great. It's too time consuming to use advanced search, selecting name, forum, dates etc.

3. WanderLuster
    Original Member

WanderLuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be great if the search box at the top of each page was configured to automatically search whatever fourm (and subforums) you are viewing or the thread you are viewing if you are reading in a thread.

Definitely not a techie, but if it were possible to have the box be to search at the appropriate level based on what you are viewing - that would be a huge help. I.e. - If I'm in the Marriott Rewards forum and search for "lifetime" I would get results for that keyword within the MR forum.

4. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree! There's some more requests for this search functionality over here too.

JALPak likes this.
  5. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    absolutely necessary...

surprised its missing.