Search... Feedback

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by SC Flier, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm betting that the Search utility will become a popular topic.

An oddity that I discovered:
    Searching for the word "smilies" will find posts that contain actual smilies. [​IMG]

The "Newer Than" field offers me Quick Fill dates that I've previously entered in other forms on other websites. I'm not sure if there is a nice way to prevent this. Interesting that the date format is YYYY-MM-DD.

2. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Being able to search two-character abbreviations would be very nice -- it's a common request, and the FF community has lots of those.

I do like the date format! [​IMG]

sagefemme52 and SC Flier like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like the advanced search page to have instructions on how to format an advanced search. I'm always trying to search for key word pairs (exact match) and generally find that my initial guess of using quotes is wrong. On the other site I usually just used a google site: search since I could not quickly figure out the commands.

4. sagefemme52
    Original Member

sagefemme52 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being able to "search" within the thread I am currently reading, especially when it gets to be many, many pages long, is something I don't see here yet. That is an option on FT that I really like. I know Randy is planning for a very robust, powerful search function here though, so figure it will be added in time.

JALPak likes this.
  5. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was trying to do a search just now and figured I couldn't do that within a thread. But hey I used the search function to find this thread ;)