SEA new security screening area on south side

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by TravelerRob, Sep 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    For a few weeks there have been construction boards setup south of the existing south-side security area (closest to Starbucks and the A gates). Today the board were taken down and on display are two new screening belts and x-ray machines with no nude-o-scope.

Is SEA going to get additional TSA Pre-Check screening? Is it likely to be at the new spot on the far south side of the terminal?

That would be awesome as it's so much closer to the major airlines that use Pre-Check at SEA except for AS. It would work beautifully for UA, US and DL.

Would the existing Pre-Check stay where it is in the center of the terminal or move back to the North side closer to AS now?

If anyone knows I would appreciate some info. While I have no problem walking from the central area to the end of the A gates for my UA flights, having a much closer Pre-Check lane would be awesome. Plus it looks like it will be dedicated to Pre-Check only so it should be very fast to get through.

Thanks,
    Rob