SEA - DEN last minute award

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by simon389, Oct 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi friends,

Not sure which area of MP to put this in. I am trying to get to denver this weekend and am having trouble finding award availability. I know this is last minute, but I assumed that some award seating will open up as the date gets closer. Is this usually 2-3 days before the flight leaves?

I have 25k DL miles, 85k CO miles, 55k US miles to use. Would prefer to spend only 25k rt.

I keep checking the websites, but the engines don't seem to have much availability (aside from CO which has really awful times). I'm hoping to leave Nov 4 Friday morning (not too early though) and be back Nov 6 Sunday afternoon (before 5pm).

Any help?
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

CO is probably your best bet since it's a UA hub. Your US miles would just buy a partner flight, and the availability for a saverpass seat would be the same. CO also has a pretty good search engine. Depending on your risk tolerance, I say just wait for something to open up.

Another idea, since you are doing this last-minute and have limited options, is to book two one-way awards. If you don't have elite status and need to avoid change fees, then this way you can book the outbound as soon as you find something good enough without having to lock yourself into a still-bad return.
  3. They want to charge me a $75 fee each time. Any way to avoid this w/o being elite? (I'm silver elite on delta btw)

Two one ways will be $150. ugh.